Offering an HRA allows you to provide a valuable benefit to your employees, giving them access to funds to pay for eligible out-of-pocket expenses, while your organization reaps significant savings.
The Advantages for Employers
HRAs are similar to other reimbursement accounts, but they're funded solely by employers. As the plan sponsor, you get to decide who can participate, which eligible expenses will be covered, how much you will contribute, and how the plan is structured, as well as other key plan components.
Most importantly, 100 percent of reimbursements are tax-deductible for your organization (or you) and contributions are tax-free to the employee. Save even more by pairing an HRA with a high deductible health plan (HDHP) that offers core health care benefits. When you do, you'll continue to provide your employees traditional health insurance coverage — along with a plan that reimburses them for eligible expenses. You will see your premium costs go down and your savings go up.
The Advantages for Employees
Health reimbursement arrangements offer several key benefits to employees, including:
• All HRA funds used by employees to pay for eligible expenses are completely tax-free to the employee
• The power and freedom to choose their health care services without managed care limitations
• Teaches employees to be better, more engaged health care consumers, resulting in better health care decisions and healthier lifestyles
The Easiest Way to Pay
The Vantage Visa® Benefit Card makes paying out of pocket and waiting for a reimbursement check a thing of the past. And with recent advances in card technology, using the Vantage Benefit Card is the easiest way for participants to use the funds in their HRA.
Our proprietary card and processing system provide exciting features that make using the Vantage Benefit Card a breeze, including:
• Real-time electronic notification of card transactions and updates
• A comprehensive monthly statement that reflects all card activity, including transactions that require further action
• Our online administrative feature allows participants to get transaction errors resolved and have their cards reactivate quickly
HRA Service Features
• Employee communication and enrollment tools to support your enrollment efforts
• 24/7 Web access to real-time account information for employers and participants
• Quick claims processing and payment for traditional claims
• Multiple funding options available to meet any employer's needs
• Comprehensive nondiscrimination testing options are available to ensure your plan meets all requirements
Want to know more about our HRA administration services? Download our flyer.
Call 800-337-8005 to learn more about how Vantage's benefit solutions can help your business.